The Crisis staff has been working extremely hard to present delegates on each committee with interesting crises. While these topics have made discussion fast-paced and kept delegates on their toes, it would be disastrous if they occurred in real life. Here is a snapshot of nine things that would occur if HMUN crises actually happened:
- The citizens of France and Germany would no longer be a part of the European Union and alongside be exposed to nuclear radiations from a nuclear reactor meltdown.
- The Qatari Royal family would have embezzled twenty million dollars to fund ISIS and banned Al Jazeera from the Qatari borders.
- There would be a major spread of a drug resistant bacteria in Mozambique, which would most likely have spread to other regions.
- Satellites would have crashed into each other, creating not only a large number of space debris but also potentially shutting down the entire GPS system on earth.
- Donald Trump would have injured himself after falling down the stairs of his private plane.
- Violent riots would have occurred in Eastern Europe regarding abortion provisions
- Nigeria would be the host of the 2020 Olympics.
- The United States would have set up a nuclear power plant on the surface of the moon.
- The premier of China would have admitted that the Taiwanese government is more efficient than the Chinese government.